Monday, August 31, 2009

Shiro's Carb-full Saimin


We had saimin noodles at Shiro's today. Art is trying to "carb up." Unfortunately, it's not the best thing for pre-diabetic me and my mom. Still, we only have saimin (which we happen to love) once a month. Art has also been eating soba more often at lunch and likes the fruit smoothies I've been making. He eats almost twice what I do but doesn't gain a pound.

He's been alternating long runs with shorter ones and the occasional day of rest to heal his body. I just hope he knows what the heck he's doing.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i think that it doen't effect at all to eat it one or twice in months ....
so dont care have it
else if u want 2 know about skull ring visit

ayamlin said...

Hi Kay!
I came to you your blog before.
I came to your blog after a half month.
By the way are you Japanese?
If you're not Japanese, I'm sorry.
I had thought you might be Japanese when I saw your picture before.
but I was not sure and I didn't ask you.
but this name shiro is Japanese name.
So I asked you it with courage.

Kay said...

bhupinder: You're right. Art just needs to carb up until December when he tries to run the Marathon. We just have to watch our diets until then.

ayamlin: So very nice to meet you. Art and I are of Japanese descent. Our grandparents came to Hawaii from Japan.

Shiro's is a Japanese same of a noodles (ramen type) restaurant in Hawaii.