Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Monitoring His Heart

Posted by Art:

Sorry about not posting any updates but I’ve been working on getting to know my new Garmin FR60 heart monitoring watch with foot pad a little better. I recently ordered and received it online from REI.com. Had a problem figuring out how the foot pad was supposed to work until I finally read the complete manual online and checked the QA section. Reading the quick start manual that came in the box didn’t quite do it for me.

Anyway, I’m now ready for my 6 mile run tomorrow morning. I’ve got my watched setup to page through: heart beats per minute, running time, distance covered, and calories burned. The only thing it won’t do is run for me but then it would take all the fun out of it if it did that.

That’s all for now, got to get up before 5:00 AM to take advantage of the cool morning trade winds.

1 comment:

Dina said...

Haha, those instruments are so complicated (or is it that the manual writers are so bad?).
I joined a Slim Peace group once and we had a daily walking goal for which they gave us a pedometer with all kinds of functions. It may have been faulty, but I could never get to work right, nor could some friends.
Glad you figured out your Garmin.