Saturday, October 3, 2009

Back to Last Month

Again the alarm beeped at 4:30 AM, I was up and out the door a little after 5:00. Since I was feeling pretty good, decided to extend my planned 9 mile run to 12. Ended up running 12.48 miles in 2:19.09 which is where I was about a month ago. According to my journal on September 5, I ran 12.36 miles in 2:18.48. It looks like I am a month behind my original plan but I should be able to make it up. This morning I tried running at a 10 min 30 sec per mile pace. I kept to that pace until the last mile and a half which is all uphill.

By the way, it is a little difficult to see my pace display on Garmin early in the morning when it is still dark. I could use the backlight feature but I have been conserving my battery consumption. The well spaced street lamps are okay but there are no lights on the bike path.

Plan to start eating small portions of energy bars during my next long run. I will be trying a variety of flavors to determine which one agrees best with my tummy. Hope all goes well on the trail. Just in case, I know the locations of two park bathrooms along my route. Hmm, maybe I should bring some TP too.

4 comments:

Kay said...

I hope you're making sure to wear your reflective vest so everybody can see you.

Peggy said...

If you're going to a prk restroom, bring your owntp is a wise plan!
let us know which energy bars you like, i ned all the energy that i can get!

Tif said...

Take it easy Dad! Don't over do it.

Dina said...

Never leave home without it.