Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

I went for my turkey day run this morning bringing my total midweek mileage to 12 miles. A woman startled me with a “Happy Thanksgiving” greeting when I passed her. I didn’t think anyone had their act together at 5:30 in the morning but seeing a familiar face, I suppose, brings us all closer. Actually, while running I had totally forgotten what day it was since we’re not having our Thanksgiving get together until Saturday.

I have a 10 miler this weekend and will likely do it on Sunday. I have to bake a pumpkin pie on Saturday and have been told the oven is mine in the morning. The turkey has the afternoon time slot. However, if I can be out the door by 5:00 on Saturday morning I should be back by 7:00 which should be plenty of time to bake a pie.

Here’s wishing everyone a “Happy Thanksgiving.”

5 comments:

Kay said...

Here's hoping you still have the energy to roll that pie crust.

Anonymous said...

haha Kay! Funny! I was just thinking the same thing! What happens if he collapses from over-working his little old body?

Nah, I am sure Art will be fine.

As for the pumpkin pie, I bought one from Foodland. It was fresh and tasted very good.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Dina said...

I so admire a man who can run for miles AND knows how to bake!

Peggy said...

Jim is a good cook, but not a baker!
Have ot met many like you Art.
Good luck tomorrow!

Cheryl said...

My goodness you even bake pies! You certainly are versatile. I should have run after I ate all I did yesterday.