Monday, September 28, 2009

Good Start

I have started the week with a 4 mile run in 41:22.92. I felt good throughout the run and will slowly begin adding miles. I revised my running schedule since I was out the past week. It now looks like my longest run prior to the marathon will be around 21 miles. I was hoping to come closer to the 26 mile mark. However, the internet has numerous websites offering advice on training for a marathon and for first time runners, like me, it is not necessary to complete a 26 miler before race time. Although I was hoping to run that distance before my injury, I am taking a more conservative approach. I have to keep my original goal in mind which was to finish the race running. My finishing time should not be the driving force but I would like to maintain at least an 11.00 minute mile pace.

5 comments:

Dina said...

Sounds like a fine goal, to finish the race running.

Kay said...

Taking it conservatively sounds like an excellent idea.

Anonymous said...

Good to see that you are back at it and not feeling any pain. Just finishing all of the training healthy would be an accomplishment. Even if you don't finish the race the first time.

Peggy said...

Art;

I finally added your blog to my favorites. I thought that I had already added you but I must not have clicked save or something(duh) Holy smokes, I wondered why I was not keeping up with your training.
Bobby just ran his first 5 mile race , he didn't finish but he was happy that he did it, plus it was for Katrina relief. Hee felt great and I was proud!
I'll be a better at rooting you on, I promise.
Give my love to Kay !

Anonymous said...

Good Luck with your training Art. Ed Mooney