Saturday, September 26, 2009

I'm Back !

Rested and ready to start training again. Took a week and a half off to recuperate from my groin injury and entertain our out of town guests. At times, it was a bit frustrating not being on the road and able to add to the miles I had already accumulated. But, it was time well spent. Had a great time reminiscing our old college days and catching up on what happened since then. We even took a trip to the Big Island.

I feel fit as a fiddle and did a short 2 mile run this morning, no pain at all. Here’s my schedule for the coming week:

Sun...Rest
Mon...4 miles
Tue...Rest
Wed...6 miles
Thu...2 miles
Fri...Rest
Sat...9 miles

I am a week behind my original training plan and have to make up some miles. Luckily, I have two and a half months before race day.

Will report back on Monday.

3 comments:

Dina said...

Welcome back, Art. So glad you are feeling good again. Your guests came at just the right time for you to have some downtime.

Kay said...

Rest is good.

gigi-hawaii said...

Marathon Clinic -- give it a try, Art.