Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Rest Day

Rested today and tried to maintain my calorie count with a Japanese buckwheat noodle (soba) lunch. According to the soba package, each serving has 360 calories and 65 mg sodium. My blood pressure is on the boarder line high side, and I’ve got to watch my sodium intake so this is a good carb source that’s quite tasty with a little seasoning. I’ve been having these noodles for lunch the past few week hoping to buildup carb reserves on rest days for my alternating running days.

I have to remember to also consume an adequate amount of proteins and fats to keep a balance running diet.

Tomorrow is another medium 6 mile day

1 comment:

Dina said...

It's funny that you have to "remember" to eat. If only I could be as slim as you, Art.
Guess what. Yesterday I saw a jump rope for sale, and I bought it, for ME. Must be your inspiration.