Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Middle Distance Day

Up a little after 5:00 AM and was out the door at 5:30 AM after stretching. It was a clear still morning. Ran up to the park at Royal Summit.


View of Pearl Harbor on the way down.

It’s a residential route and according to Garmin, 6.87 miles round trip. Made it in 1:13:52.

I’m running more relaxed keeping in mind I’m supposed to be able to carry on a conversation. I’ve considered humming to myself but nixed the idea since other walkers I pass may think I’d gone off the deep end. I do wave and say good morning to those I pass. Most people acknowledge by waving, nodding, or even replying with a smile and good morning. It’s funny but there’s an old grumpy looking gentleman who never said anything at first but I kept saying good morning to him. Recently, he’s been responding with a nod and "morning."

Planning to do a very short run tomorrow and rest on Friday. Saturday will be my long 13 miler. It’s my half marathon milestone. Won’t be carrying my camera just a water bottle.

1 comment:

Dina said...

Glad you are training the people to say hello. :)