Friday, September 4, 2009

Posted by Art: Another Short Run


On the road at about 6:00 AM this morning for a short run. According to Garmin, did the 4.08 mile route in 40:41.92 minutes which averages a little over 10 minutes per mile. That’s a comfortable pace for me which I’ve tried to maintain. I noticed, however, during my longer run last weekend, my pace started slowing down a lot after 5 miles. I didn’t have Garmin tracking my distance though. I’ll have Garmin with me tomorrow to provide a better reading.

Plan to take a small, but not so light, Pentax Optio camera with me to capture some early morning photos. It’ll be a good excuse for me to slow down.

Also, plan to carry more water than I did last weekend. Since I didn’t want carry too much weight, I only took a half filled 16.9 oz bottle. Well, I discovered I needed a lot more water for a 2 hour run. I’ll take a full bottle this time. Hope all this extra stuff I’m taking doesn’t slow me down too much….

2 comments:

gigi-hawaii said...

So, if a marathon is 28 miles (???), you would run it between 4-5 hours!!!

A 10 minute mile isn't bad.

Dina said...

Oh Art, PLEASE take lots of water, even if it's heavy.
(The Jewish Mother has spoken. :D )

I'm so glad you have the camera always on you. Like a true blogger.